Drivers Education Team
Lime Rock Park - DE Photos
- Last Updated: 05 May 2022 05 May 2022
Thanks to David Churcher for snapping these great photos from our first Driver Education event of the season at Lime Rock Park.
2022 DE Events
- Last Updated: 26 April 2022 26 April 2022
Select Host Column Entry to register.
April 24(Sat) Palmer NER
May 2&3(Mon,Tue) Lime Rock Park NCR
May 27-29(Fri,Sat,Sun) Thompson NER
June 10-12(Fri,Sat,Sun) Palmer NER
July 1-3(Fri,Sat,Sun) Mount Tremblant NER
July 5-7(Tue,Wed,Thu) Calabogie NER
July 21-23(Thu,Fri,Sat) Club Motorsports NCR
August 12-14(Fri,Sat,Sun) Watkins Glen NER
September 8-10(Thu,Fri,Sat) Club Motorsports NCR
September 23-25(Fri,Sat,Sun) Palmer NER
October 22&23(Sat,Sun) NHMS NCR
Waivers for Drivers Education Events
- Last Updated: 02 May 2022 02 May 2022
Children must continue to using the Minor and Parent Form at this link.
Use this link to initiate your online PCA waiver process. Everyone attending the event (including guests) must complete and sign the waivers.
Please have the Speedwaiver ready to show on your phone at onsite event registration.
NCR's PCA waivers are completed entirely online using these three steps.
Drivers Education Prerequisites
- Last Updated: 26 April 2022 26 April 2022
- A head and neck restraint system commonly known as a HANS device, is now mandatory for both students and instructors when a five, six or seven-point harness or certain approved 4 point harnesses are in use. All neck restraints must meet SFI 38.1 or FIA 8885 or its successor certifications. A suitable roll bar or roll cage is recommended when race seats, harnesses and neck restraints are in use. A suitable roll bar or roll cage along with race seats, harnesses and neck restraints provides students and instructors with a complete safety system.
- If so equipped, all facets of an Automatic Collision Avoidance System will be disabled prior to entering the track and driving at speed.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age, must have a valid driver’s license, must be a current member or affiliate of a car club (i.e., PCA, BMW, Audi, COM, SCDA, etc). A current driver’s license must be shown at registration.
- Non-participants are not permitted in either student or instructor cars. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- Participants must wear long pants, and a long sleeved shirt (natural, not synthetic fibers), or wear an approved fire resistant driving suit. Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip, with a relatively smooth sole. Hiking type deep lugged soles are not acceptable.
- Drivers must have completed registration and be through the tech line prior to the driver’s and instructor’s meetings (approximately 8:15 am).
- A Snell rated 2015 or newer helmet is required. An SA rated helmet is preferred. M and K rated helmets are acceptable. Limited loaners may be available.
- All participants must fill out the NCR tech form at this link. It must completed and signed by an approved PCA tech inspector, factory authorized new car dealer for vehicle registered, or a repair facility that specializes in servicing the vehicle registered within 30 days of the event.
- R-rated track tires are not allowed in green & yellow run groups unless OEM fit or the car is also driven in an advanced run group. Chief Instructor approval required.
- Any make of car delivered with factory installed roll over protection including a Factory Fitted Popup Rollover System meets the minimum standards for PCA DE events. Club Motorsports and Limerock require that all Cabriolets/Convertibles with Factory Fitted Popup Rollover Systems must have the system fully deployed before going on track. All factory fitted systems must meet the “broomstick” rule (the driver's helmeted head is below a bar placed on top of the roll bar and windshield).
- All other Cabriolets/Convertibles must have a roll bar or roll cage installed which meets the "broomstick" rule. All Targa tops must be installed unless there is additional roll over protection. All sunroofs must be in the closed position. All open car (no top) occupants must wear arm restraints.
- Tracks will be enforcing sound limits at their tracks. You will be expelled from the event after your second offense during any given day.
- Windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Window nets are not allowed.
- Students should expect that their instructor will drive their car for several laps at each event.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver’s meeting.
- There is a mandatory Black Flag pit stop for all spins or 2 (or more) wheels-off. Two Black Flags for these or other driving infractions in a day are grounds for expulsion from the event.
- No illegal drugs are allowed and no alcoholic beverages may be consumed by anyone (participant or guest) during the event.
- Events are held in the rain and cold weather. No refunds for an event canceled after cars have been on the track, or for participants who do not come to the track when an event is not started. Partial refunds may be available to those who come to the track when an event is not started/canceled.
Updated February 21, 2022