Road Trip - September 8th
- Published: 29 August 2013 29 August 2013
- Last Updated: 11 January 2017 11 January 2017
- Hits: 21 21
A road trip through NH and VT, an opportunity to meet new friends, and drive New England's version of the "Tale of the Dragon". What could be better?
Jeff Torrey a new NCR member loves to drive and has organized road trips for other clubs. He is leading a day trip of mixed marques to Ben n' Jerry's with a circle back to drive one of the VT "Gap Roads" to end with dinner in Burlington, VT.
See the whole agenda, route below. Start at the beginning or join along the way.
Where: Meet at the Hooksett rest stop on Rte. 93 North, make sure tank is full.
When: 9:30 AM for that last pit stop, depart at 10:00AM
- Rte 93 N to Rte 89 N to exit 12-Rte 11 W, to Rte 12 N, to Rte 4 W
- Lunch 12:00-1:15 Long Trail Brew Pub 5520 Rte 4/100A Bridgewater VT.
- Rte 4 W to Rte 100 N to Ben n'Jerrys near Waterbury VT, for snack and break at 3:00pm
- Rte 100 S to Rte 2 S to Rte 100B W, Rte 100B to Rte 100 S to Rte 17 W
- Rte 17 is Mountain Pass, the Gap road. (stop for gas at Irving station before drving the Gap.
- Rte 17 W to Rte 116 N, to Burlington, dinner at 5:30 at Bove's Italian Restaurant, 68 Pearl St.
It's a 2.5 hr drive back on Rte 89 from Burlington to Manchester.
(RAIN DATE Sept 14)