Hello Everyone,
Given these strange times I have been busy with things that I normally would not have expected to even need to think about. The season as a whole has been shaping up to be another great year. We were on target for our normal year opener, the Novice event at Thompson, followed by the wonderful events to be run at Palmer, The Glen with the Dinosaur BBQ and we even have some great plans for Calabogie. If you haven’t had a chance to read my write up in the NOR'EASTER (https://porschenet.com/the-online-noreaster/) - Please do!
Then came Covid;
I hope that everyone is comfortable, healthy, and at home - and that this Corona is not directly affecting any of you or your families. I must say, Xin and I are suffering from a bit of cabin fever and every time I cough, I think; this must be it!
I wanted to give you all an update on where we stand on the season; When everything hit a few weeks ago, everyone was getting a barrage of emails about Covid, and so we (and I) decided that we should just chill and let things come into focus a bit more. I wanted to understand how it would ultimately affect our upcoming DE season.
Now it's April and things are about as clear as mud. But one thing is clear - We all want to get back on track as soon as possible. As of right now, no NER DE events have been cancelled. And currently the state of Connecticut has its restrictions on gatherings only through April 30th. Thompson, as of now, expects that we will be allowed to have the event. That may change. I have been in regular contact with the tracks, and I am also keeping a very close eye on the many FAQ/announcement pages as published by the Governors of MA, CT, NY and even Quebec. My feeling is that we will eventually make it back on track, hopefully sooner, rather than later.
Whatever we do, we are going to do it with safety in mind. We are going to need to work social distancing into the equation.
Now - here is where I need your help. If you intend to come to our events this season, please sign up. Sign up early. Sign up now. I need to know who is willing to come out and play. Now, if government regulations keep us from having the events, you will get refunded. So really you have no risk by signing up. However, I need your support, so we can do our best to get us all on track this season.
We will share more, as more information becomes available.
Sound good?
Thank you for everyone’s support,
Adam Schwartz
Track Chair, NER