Zone 1 Autocross
North Country Region - PCA
x2009 NCR Autocross Series Championship
2009 NCR Autocross Series Championship
For 2009, a six event series is planned. The PCA Zone 1 Autocross will count as points event #5. The Zone 1 Autocross will be a two-day event hosted by NCR at Devens on August 29-30, 2009.
The following rules are used to determine the Class Champions for the Autocross Series:
- PCA members from any region are eligible for the Autocross Series Class Championships.
- Championships are only awarded for the Porsche classes (except Novice).
- Points for each event are awarded as follows:
1st place 9 points 2nd place 6 points 3rd place 4 points 4th place 3 points 5th place 2 points 6th/lower 1 point DNS/DNF/DSQ no points
- Novices are awarded one point in their base class. !-
- A "bumped" car receives points according to its finishing position in the class in which it ran, but those points are scored in the class from which the car was bumped. -->
- If an event is cut short due to weather or other unavoidable circumstances, it counts as a points event towards the series championship only if all run groups complete at least three runs.
- To qualify for a series class championship, a driver must win points in that class in at least four points events.
- One event is dropped from the point total of each driver so a driver's best five finishes in the six event series count toward the championship. This means that if a driver misses two events, one of those events will be counted as a zero in the point total for that driver.
- Season point tie breakers:
- Most First Place Finishes.
- Most drivers defeated not including dropped scores.
- Best dropped score.
- Lowest total score obtained by adding each driver's score for all events that both entrants earned points at (events missed by either entrant or dropped from either's point total are not included).
- The decision of the Autocross Chair is final.
At the discretion of the autocross chair, an autocross “Rookie of the Year” and/or “Enthusiast of the Year” may also be awarded. Awards will be presented at the NCR Annual Banquet.
Call for 2019 NORTH COUNTRY REGION OFFICERS AND CHAIR MEMBERS
There are many many places the club can use your help. If you have an interest in helping the club continue the great events for you, please consider contributing your time and expertise.
Jeff Torrey and I will serve as the 2019 nominating committee and our task is to find and interview qualified candidates for the elected offices of NCR: Vice President and Secretary. The only qualifications for office are that you must be a member in good standing with PCA / NCR and you must have a strong desire to help shape the future of the club.
We will also accept any names you might have for the various committees that are vital to the Club. These are appointed positions so we will pass the names to the President for further consideration.
Please contact Ivy 603-767-6461 if you are interested in serving or nominating someone for one of the elected positions or if you have a suggestion for any Board position or Committee Chair.
Nominee Statements and Ballots will be circulated to the membership for final voting in October. Election results will be announced at the Annual Meeting / Banquet in November.
Thank you for your ongoing support and participation in this important process.
Ivy Cowles – NCR Nominating Committee Chair