2016 NCR Autocross Series Championship
- Published: 19 April 2010 19 April 2010
- Hits: 513 513
For 2016, a six event series is planned. The PCA Zone 1 Autocross will count as points event #4. The Zone 1 Autocross will be a two-day event hosted by NCR at Moore Airfield, Devens, MA on August 20-21, 2016.
The following rules are used to determine the Class Champions for the Autocross Series:
- PCA members from any region are eligible for the Autocross Series Class Championships.
- Championships are only awarded for the Porsche classes (except Novice).
- Points for each event are awarded as follows:
1st place 9 points 2nd place 6 points 3rd place 4 points 4th place 3 points 5th place 2 points 6th/lower 1 point DNS/DNF/DSQ no points
- To qualify for a series class championship, a driver must win points in that class in at least four points events and at least one first place finish in that class.
- One event is dropped from the point total of each driver so a driver's best five finishes in the six event series count toward the championship. This means that if a driver misses two events, one of those events will be counted as a zero in the point total for that driver.
- Season point tie breakers:
- Most First Place Finishes.
- Margin of Victory for First Place Finishes (over second place finisher).
- Lowest total score obtained by adding each driver's score for all events that both entrants earned points at (events missed by either entrant or dropped from either entrant's point total are not included).
- The decision of the Autocross Chair is final.
A Top Driver of the Year and the John MacDonald Most Improved Driver will also be awarded.
Awards will be presented at the NCR Annual Autocross Party.